I’m loving the awards that are being passed around right now, and I would love to say a big, in fact MASSIVE thanks to Prego and the Loon for nominating me for The Inspiring Blogger Award!!! I love that you are reading my blogs, and deeming them worthy of the most awesome awards, and I just hope that you love reading it as much as I love writing it.
So, the way it works is that I now have to provide 7 random facts about myself, and then nominate 7 other blogs for the award.
All About Me!
Seeing as this is in the Inspiring Blog Award, I have decided to be brutal and frank with my random facts, and not just write a list of “fluff.” I apologize in advance if this offends or upsets anyone.
- I have sky-dived, and I want to do it again. In fact, I want to do a 10,000 tandem jump next. I also want to bungee jump but if push came to shove, I’m not so sure I could step over the edge.
- I am a self-harmer and I have been for many years. It started at around the age of 12/13 and has been an on and off problem ever since. I haven’t hurt myself in about a year now, and I am very proud of myself. I have seen countless therapists and have been on a number of anti-depressants, but it’s a cycle I can’t seem to get out of.
- I was in an abusive marriage, and the things he used to do to me that were meant in a terrifying way now turn me on. He used to grip my throat and cut off my air supply, which used to scare me, and now I find it very sexy in bed. I’m scared this makes me a freak, and I don’t tell anyone.
- When I was getting stitches in my face in the hospital after my husband punched me, the Doctors tried to diagnose me with Borderline Personality Disorder and referred me to psychiatrists; something I never followed up with. When looking at the “common signs” of the condition online, I have most of them.
- I am very anal with everything. I can’t use pens without lids, the toilet roll has to fall down the back of the roll, and all of my piercings are symmetrical. However, I am also a rather messy person. It doesn’t make a lot of sense.
- My favorite movie is “Girl Interrupted” because it’s dark and sinister. I have watched it more times than I can remember, and whenever I’m feeling blue, I watch it to make myself feel worse.
- I fall in love far too easily and I consider it to be one of my flaws. In the past I have found myself saying those three little words far too early on, and it gets me into all sorts of trouble. I can see the pattern repeating itself with my current relationship, even though I am trying everything in my power to stop it.
So there you have them – the 7 facts about me. I like to think that my past has made me a better person, and although there are patterns of the bad stuff in my life, I have learned a lot.
Now for the 7 blogs that have inspired me:
- Free from Abuse
- My Life Refreshed
- A Lovers Lips
- The Better man Project
- Failed at Forty
- Blunt Rhetoric
- The Chronicles of Madame Blush
I hope you loved reading these blogs as much as I have! Let’s keep the ball rolling on The Inspiring Blog Award!